Pathways to Politics Program for Women participant and alum surveys
Why we collect your personal information
The Pathways to Politics Program for Women (“Program”) and its Program Partners (listed at the bottom of the page) are collecting and processing your personal information via our participant and alum surveys to:
- learn more about Program participant and alum journeys to political office;
- inform general Program performance, reporting and planning activities; and improve our service delivery and Program offerings;
- inform the Program’s efforts to build a strong, diverse, and inclusive alum network.
The “processing” of personal information refers to all activities relating to the management of your personal information, from its collection and use, through to its storage and disposal, and everything in between.
How we process your personal information
We will process your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests, in accordance with applicable privacy laws, and only under the following circumstances:
- for the purpose for which it was collected; or
- a related purpose which you might reasonably expect; or
- where you have consented to the processing; or
- if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We will collect your personal information directly from you wherever possible.
We encourage you to be open and candid in your responses. Your responses are voluntary and will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. All survey responses will be compiled together and analysed as a group. We may publish non-identifiable, aggregated survey data for the purposes of Program research and reporting.
We may share your personal information with contracted service providers or partners engaged by us to perform legitimate functions on our behalf.
We collect survey data via the following platforms:
- Participant survey data is being collected via SmartyGrants, an Australian-based online system. SmartyGrants’ Privacy Statements and compliance with GDRP can be found here.
- Alum survey data is being collected via Qualtrics, a third-party software supplier. Data collected by Qualtrics is securely collected and managed onshore in Australia in accordance with their privacy statement and cookie statement.
You may request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold, or exercise your individual rights as applicable under relevant privacy laws, unless this would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others or would contravene the University’s other legislative obligations.
If the lawful collection of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your information prior to you withdrawing your consent.
If you have questions relating to our participant or alum surveys or your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 13 June 2023