Former Prime Minister Julia Gillard presents a podcast in her role as Chair of the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership (GIWL).
In each episode, Julia Gillard leads thoughtful and entertaining discussions with well-known female leaders from the worlds of politics, business, entertainment, media and more.
By celebrating their stories and learning the lessons from their lives, the podcast aims to provide insight into what needs to be done so more women get to lead.
Past conversations include:
- Annabel Crabb on the history, power and influence of women in Australian politics
- Former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark on gender stereotypes in politics
- Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on politics and diplomacy
- Former political advisor and comedian Ayesha Hazarika on women and political power, and the similarities between comedy and politics
- Dr Ngozi Okonjo, Director-General of the World Trade Organization, on women in politics
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May on her experiences at the highest level of politics, the obstacles she faced, and what we can do to improve gender equality and women’s political representation
- The Hon. Jenny Macklin, former Deputy Leader of the Australian Labor Party, on speaking out and making a change
- Professor Rosie Campbell on how women shape elections
- Mary Beard & Julia Gillard on the 10-year anniversary of the misogyny speech
View episode list